News and Events
Institute profileABOUT US
This institution was established in the year 1909.Earlier it was known as Government Technical School. It was rechristened into Government Polytechnic in year 1958. Mr. A. Lindon, the founder Principal of this institution nurtured/served this institution till 1921. Institutions and organizations viz. Baba Raghav Das Medical College, Gorakhpur, Madan Mohan Malviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur and Doordarshan Kendra Gorakhpur were launched / initiated in the Campus/Buildings of this institution. A Building block is still known as Malviya Block in the Institute. Presently Mahamaya Polytechnic of Information and Technology Gorakhpur is running in our premises. The area of this institution is about 28.8 acres.
The institute was awarded for its proficiency and excellence in the year 2008 by the Board of Technical Education Uttar Pradesh for its students who have secured merit positions in the State for three consecutive years.The institution organizes seminars and events for the entrepreneurship development from time to time. The institution organizes campus interviews for the placement of students. More than 70 students have been selected in different Industrial organization like Larsen & Tubro, Simplex infrastructure, Shriram Pistons, Hindustan Lever Ltd., Chambal Fertilizers, Telco and Bajaj Auto Ltd. etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
The institution has a rich library which is situated in the Malviya Block. The details of books/magazines available in this library are as following: Number of text books – 28643 Number of reference books – 2500 Number of magazines (Monthly/Weekly) – 2 Employment Newspaper (Weekly) – 1 Daily Newspapers (Hindi/English) – 4 The institution has facilities for indoor and outdoor games comprising of Table Tennis, Volleyball, Badminton and Track & field events.